Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Progress Report

Inspired by Eri's Mom, Mama decided to give everyone an update on me....my development, my interests, my aspirations......

Augusta is one busy girl these days, and as a result, I am always tired! She has a busy schedule with ballet on Tuesdays, Music Together on Wednesdays, gymnastics on Thursdays, and swimming or storytime on Fridays. We practice a lot at home and she knows all the stretching postions (pike, straddle, etc.) and the arm positions in ballet. She is working on her teddy bear routine for ballet which she will perform in a recital in June!

She is a great eater and will try almost anything, but her favorites are bananas, pineapple, chicken, cheerios, tomatoes, olives, and all bread products. She loves going to Subway for lunch.

She has never been a great sleeper, but she is doing better with naps and stays all night in her own bed at least 2-3 times a week (a vast improvement).

We started potty training, but either I started too early, or I just have a bad attitude about it, so we are going to start again after we move this summer and are settled in a new home.

She loves to talk on the phone, but only speaker phone, so she can keep playing while she talks. She is starting to talk more or I guess we are learning to understand her more. She loves to try big words like octopus and cappucino, but she tends to add her own style with an extra syllable or two.

She loves the cartoon, The Backyardigans, and can name all the characters. She can spot a Backyardigans video in target from 2 aisles away.

She is still crazy for books and her current favorite is To Market To Market, recommended by her friend, Kian.

She loves going to the park (hope it warms up soon). She is crazy for the slides. She goes on the smaller ones by herself when she's with me (and the bigger ones when she's with John).

She is still reserved around others, and while she enjoys her classes, and watching the other kids, she would just as soon they not to touch her in any way.

She loves to play with the train at Barnes and Noble and we spend a lot of time there when it's cold outside.

She has a great sense of humor and her latest is to ask herself "where's Mama" even when I'm right there. She pretends she can't see me. It's pretty funny.

Okay, I could go on forever, so I'll stop. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read the "Gus blog". It means a lot to us that she is so loved.

teri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the update/Progress Report.
Tony and I will be visiting Ange and Nate and Eri in April and again in June (after Baby#2 no name is born).
Our home is still open to you when you need us. :-)

Ange's mom, Jean

Anonymous said...

My gosh has she grown. I think she is looking like you now instead of John. I have to say though.....she has a southern look about her that is waiting to come out. How we doin? I know she can't wait to show her Auntie Leah what she can do with her cell, credit cards and how she can shop. Hope to get to see you guys when you come around the way here in Europe before we are "outta here."
Leah